Gedney Drove End Primitive Methodist chapel
Marsh Road, Gedney Drove End PE12 9PJ
Gedney Drove End Primitive Methodist chapel was opened on 18/05/1834 and there is an account in the Primitive Methodist magazine of 1834 written by William Hardwick. The preacher at the opening was MR Cork and the chapel measured 18′(w) x 24′(l).
The chapel was re-opened after further work on October 3rd 1847. The article is written by J Buinn.
The Google Street View shows a former Primitive Methodist chapel in Marsh Road, Gedney Drove End, just north of the junction with Marsh Lane. It is located at OS grid reference TF4644029190 and this is the address above. The building still carries the date stone for 1885.
Was this on the same site?
Primitive Methodist magazine of 1834 p.398
Primitive Methodist magazine December 1847 page 746