Nettleton Church Street Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:1858 Nettleton Church Street Primitive Methodist chapel

1858 Nettleton Church Street Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1998

location of Nettleton Church Street Primitive Methodist chapel

LN7 6NP

By Christopher Hill

Nettleton Primitive Methodist Society was established in  1824.

Nettleton Church Street Primitive Methodist chapel was built in 1858 and just missed a century of service.  It closed in 1957 when the lease ran out and the Society united with the village former Wesleyan chapel.

On closure it became a builder's office and later a house. A headstone from the chapel is in the Wesleyan Methodist chapel which is on the opposite side of the road further down Church Street.

location: 111001

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 26/09/2015.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. MLI87114: Photograph(s) of this former PM Chapel.

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)
On 18/12/2017

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. LCNLL: 1991/598. Picture of 2 men beside a Primitive Methodist Connexion Mission Caravan, on rout to Nettleton via Lincoln, 25th May, 1906.

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)
On 09/05/2018

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.