There is an account by Robert Langham in the 1859 Primitive Methodist magazine of the opening of New Holland Primitive Methodist chapel in the Barton circuit.
The land was given by Robert Bristow of Barrow on Humber and the foundation stone laid on July 8th 1858. Preachers at the ceremony and public tea in Mr Good’s tile shed were George Austin of London, R Langham, J Calvin, J Stephenson and R Barron.
The chapel opened from September 26 1858. Speakers at the services and public tea in Mr Chamberlin’s barn included J Dodsworth of Malton and T Ratcliffe of Winterton,
The 1858 chapel seated 130 and cost £136 of which they had raised £52.
The 1878 Primitive Methodist magazine contains a note of the opening of a new Primitive Methodist chapel and school at New Holland in the Barton station. The 1877 Primitive Methodist magazine records the laying of the memorial stones for the new Primitive Methodist chapel. We are told nothing more at that point.
This is the chapel shown in the photographs. It was in Barrow Road and carries the date 1877. It closed in 2006 and in 2010 was for sale.
Primitive Methodist magazine February 1859 pp.110-111
Primitive Methodist magazine 1877 page 699
Primitive Methodist magazine 1878 page 315