North Thoresby, High Street, Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following records relating to this chapel:

The first Primitive Methodist chapel was built in 1835. It was replaced by a new chapel on High Street in 1916 which was destroyed by a Lancaster bomber which crashed on to it in 1943. 

The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:

  • Grimsby Primitive Methodist Circuit 1835-1868
  • Tetney Primitive Methodist Circuit 1868-1932
  • Tetney Methodist Circuit 1932-1933
  • Grimsby Central and Cleethorpes Methodist Circuit 1933-1937
  • Cleethorpes Mill Road Circuit 1937-1943

Ref. Meth/C/North Thoresby, High Street/D/3: Letter re sale of Sunday School/Hall, surviving 1943 air crash and sale in 1978.

Ref. Meth/C/North Thoresby, High St.,/G: Society & Leaders.

This page was added by Geoff Dickinson on 13/12/2017.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln: (Update):

Ref. Meth/C/North Thoresby, High St./G/5/1: Proposed Amalgamation of High Street Chapel?/PM Sunday School? with Station Road Chapel.

Ref. MLI125083: North Thoresby  Crash Site of German Dornier Bomber 217-E4, 15th March 1943, 3 Crew survived, taken prisoners.

Note: this is not connected to the RAF Lancaster Bomber, cashed 24th Oct., 1943 caused by structural failure, all crew having died.

Ref. Lancaster ED 583100 Sqd.  

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)
On 15/12/2017