Northorpe Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:1899 Northorpe Primitive Methodist chapel

1899 Northorpe Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1997

location of Northorpe Primitive Methodist chapel

Chapel Lane Northorpe Gainsborough DN21 4AE

By Christopher Hill

Northorpe Primitive Methodist chapel dates initially from 1849. The chapel in the photograph dates from 1899.

location: SK 895971

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 21/09/2015.
Comments about this page

There are documents at the Lincolnshire Archives for this Chapel but after another look at the indexed collection they are mainly post-1932 so perhaps should be filed with the Methodist collections.

There is Ref. MLI87099: This has an history of the PM Chapel and also 4 photos of it.

On the Google Sat-Map the stone plaque near the apex to the roof can just be read, it being ' Primitive Methodist, built 1849, rebuilt 1899'. At first glance it looks like 1855 but not, the word Chapel not included. There are other stone plaques low down under windows.

Kind regards,

Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella).

By Raymond E.O.Ella
On 02/12/2017

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.