Foxt Primitive Methodist Chapel, Staffs

Photo:Foxt PM Chapel from a glass slide in the collection at Englesea Brook Museum, c.1915-35.

Foxt PM Chapel from a glass slide in the collection at Englesea Brook Museum, c.1915-35.

ENBPM:2008.058

Photo:Site of former Foxt Chapel, 2014

Site of former Foxt Chapel, 2014

Jane Richardson

Photo:Plaque marking the site, placed here by the Foxt 2000 Club

Plaque marking the site, placed here by the Foxt 2000 Club

Jane Richardson

Photo:Foxt Primitive Methodist chapel

Foxt Primitive Methodist chapel

Englesea Brook Museum picture and postcard collection

1859-1970

Opened in 1859, the chapel was in the Cheadle PM circuit. 

It was demolished in 1970, but the site of the chapel, on the northern edge of the village, is marked by a plaque donated and thoughtfully placed by the Foxt 2000 Club.

 

This page was added by Randle Knight on 01/06/2012.
Comments about this page

This page has been updated thanks to information and images provided by Jane Richardson, September 2014. 

By Jill Barber
On 23/09/2014

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.