How End Primitive Methodist chapel

How End Houghton Conquest BEDFORD MK45 3JS

How End Primitive Methodist chapel was in the hamlet of How End (sometimes Haw End) in the south-west of Houghton Conquest parish.

It was opened in 1871 and accommodated a congregation of 40.

At the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph in 1984  it  was in use as a workshop.  His notes record it was used as a workshop after 1960.  It is not accessible in Google Street View.  Is it still there?


How End, Houghton Conquest, Primitive Methodist chapel
Keith Guyler 1984

Comments about this page

  • How End was part of the Bedford II Primitive Circuit. After that Circuit merged with the Bedford St Mary Wesleyan Circuit, it became part of Bedford South Methodist Circuit until it’s closure in 1972.

    By Tim Banks (28/10/2020)
  • Registration for worship was made on 16 May 1861 by Edard Bishop of Adelaide Square, Bedford.

    Soucre: Bedfordshire Chapels and Meeting Houses: Official Registration 1672-1901 Volume 75 Bedfordshire Historical Record Society – Edited by Edwin Welch

    By Tim Banks (27/10/2020)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published.