Hook Primitive Methodist chapel
Chapel Lane, Wimblington, PE15 0QL
The opening of Hook Primitive Methodist chapel is described by Samuel Atterby in the Primitive Methodist magazine of 1836. Preachers at the opening services held on 25/05/1834 were Mrs Olphin and Miss Pelch.
On the 1886-7 Ordnance Survey map a Primitive Methodist chapel is shown up Chapel Lane to the west of Hook Road, just south of its junction with Hook Drove. It’s still there in 1926 but is not labelled by 1979. Is this the 1835 chapel or a later building?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1836 page 102