Deeping St Nicholas Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:the Primitive Methodist chapel

the Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1995

the chapel at Deeping St Micholas

Main Rd, Hop Pole, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 3HJ

By Christopher Hill

The former Primitive Methodist chapel and school is still in use as a Methodist chapel at Littleworth Drove, Hop Pole, Deeping St Nicholas.  This chapel was opened in 1922 and replaced a former chapel from 1867.  The site for this first chapel was given by the late Mr. James Haynes, of West Deeping Fen.

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 12/02/2015.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. MLI99283: Listed under Methodist Chapel, but indeed mentioning former Primitive Methodist Chapel. Photographs, one a close up of two stone plaques, the first one decorative with 'Primitive Methodist Chapel and School Erected 1867'. This was kept and a second basic stone plaque underneath reads 'Re-Erected 1922'.

Ref. Meth/C/Deeping St. Nicholas/1/10/1: 125th Chapel Anniversary Civic Service, 1992.

Ref. Meth/Deeping St. Nicholas/J/2/1: History Notes, for Chapel first knows as Littleworth Primitive Methodist Chapel. (Littleworth Drove, Hop Pol (Pole?).

By Raymond E.O.Ella
On 18/12/2017