Derrythorpe Primitve Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire
Derrythorpe is a hamlet in the parish of Althorpe.
The first chapel is identified on the Derrythorpe Tithe Award of 1842-43 as part of the property owned and occupied by John Harsley on Trent Side (“House, buildings, yard & chapel”). In 1868 it was replaced by a new chapel on a site further north along Trent Side, which closed in 1936.
The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:
- Scotter Primitive Methodist Circuit pre 1842-1847
- Epworth Primitive Methodist Circuit 1847-1877
- Crowle Primitive Methodist Circuit 1877-1932
- Crowle Methodist Circuit 1932-1936
Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following records relating to this chapel:
Ref. Meth/C/Derrythorpe/C/3/1: Promissory re loan year 1904 to the Chapel/Church Trustees.