Derrythorpe Primitive Methodist chapel
Derrythorpe is a hamlet in the parish of Althorpe, North Lincolnshire, located on the west bank of the river Trent. It has one road, Trentside, DN17 3JB.
A Sunday school was held by the Primitive Methodists here from at least the 1830’s as they reported to the Hull District in March 1837, a disproportionately large school of 14 teachers and 51 scholars. They rebuilt the chapel in 1868 (now demolished).
Rev. George Dowson (1840-1903) was born in Derrythorpe.