Hoviley Brow, Godley, Hyde, Cheshire

Photo:Hoviley Brow

Hoviley Brow

Old Hyde Blog

By Stephen Horsfield

Built in 1813 and closed to make way for the M67 through Godley c. 1960. Records of baptisms and marriages are in Manchester central library. Up until the 1974 local government reorganization Hyde was in Cheshire, since then it has been in Tameside. For some registration purposes, Hyde was in Stockport

This page was added by Stephen Horsfield on 15/08/2012.
Comments about this page

The attached Scout Troop was 5th Hyde. 5th Hyde log books are in Tameside Library, Ashton.

By Stephen Horsfield
On 16/08/2012

The picture does not show Hoviley Brow, which started in the distance, after the furthest lamp-post.

By dave e
On 01/04/2014

Virtually all the information as stated above is incorrect. The photo is of Hoviley and not Hoviley Brow,the chapel closed in 1954, give or take a year, about 20 years before the motorway came through.

By David Eccles
On 27/01/2018

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.