Hoviley Brow, Godley, Hyde, Cheshire

Built in 1813 and closed to make way for the M67 through Godley c. 1960. Records of baptisms and marriages are in Manchester central library. Up until the 1974 local government reorganization Hyde was in Cheshire, since then it has been in Tameside. For some registration purposes, Hyde was in Stockport

Comments about this page

  • Virtually all the information as stated above is incorrect. The photo is of Hoviley and not Hoviley Brow,the chapel closed in 1954, give or take a year, about 20 years before the motorway came through.

    By David Eccles (27/01/2018)
  • The picture does not show Hoviley Brow, which started in the distance, after the furthest lamp-post.

    By dave e (01/04/2014)
  • The attached Scout Troop was 5th Hyde. 5th Hyde log books are in Tameside Library, Ashton.

    By Stephen Horsfield (16/08/2012)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone