Boulmer, a small fishing village on the North Northumberland coast had a small Primitive Methodist Society in the 1860’s and was remissioned by the Rev. Henry Yooll, following the revival at Craster. The converts met first in George Stanton’s house and then Mr Archbold allowed them to use a herring shed called ´ The black hut’, which they used for many years. However in 1919 the redundant Primitive Methodist Chapel from Bamburgh, the result of Mr Nightingale’s mission during Lord Armstrong’s rénovation of the Castle, was transported lock stock and barrel to Boulmer and re-erected there. It closed in 1962 and was demolished.