Curry Hill Primitive Methodist chapel in West Allendale was opened in 1844; W Lea tells us in the 1845 Primitive Methodist magazine.
Opening preachers at the services in late 1844 included Revs J Harper (Independent), H Hebbron and W Lea.
The new chapel was 31′ x 24′ “covered in blue slate, neatly fitted up with pews and forms, well lighted and supplied with a good stove; and the cost of it was about £92/12/7.” The land was given by Joseph Lee of Keenlyside, with generous help from J Ritson , J Keenlyside and others so that only around £20 was owing.
Two previous societies could also be accommodated – Allotment House, where they had met in the house of Brother J Liddle, and Nine Banks
Primitive Methodist magazine 1845 page 167