Flintham in the Bridgeford branch of the Nottingham circuit was missioned in 1842. Mrs Wood who kept a public house, lent her barn for the services intil she left – at which point a site for chapel was acquired and the foundation stone for a chapel laid in March 1844.
The new chapel opened from July 20th 1845. It was brick built with a blue slate roof, measured 26′ x 22′ and cost just under £150 of which they had raised £40. Opening preachers included S Bottomley (who wrote about it in the Primitive Methodist magazine) and Bro Roberts from Ilkeston
The 1883 and 1915 Ordnance Survey maps show a Primitive Methodist chapel on Woods Lane, although Street View is not brave enough to venture there.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1845 page 501-502