Wickhambrook Ebenezer Primitive Methodist chapel
Wickhambrook Methodist Church, Thorns Corner, Wickhambrook, CB8 8XW
Wickhambrook is south east of Newmarket. Wickhambrook Ebenezer Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1850.
Methodism first began in Wickhambrook when Mr Billy Durrant from Bury St Edmunds held outdoor services in 1840. His mission progressed through fellowship meetings in a cottage. before the church was built. Between December 1856 and July 1857 the membership grew from sixty-one to one hundred and forty and in due course the Wickhambrook society became the head of a Primitive Methodist Circuit that included Haverhill, Barrow and Newmarket.
It is still active in 2015.