Dent Primitive Methodist Chapel West Yorkshire
This building may have been erected in 1841
Dent is a historic village. It lies in the beautiful valley of Dentdale within the Yorkshire Dales National Park. The village remains relatively untouched with its cobbled streets and white washed cottages.
In the main street is Meadowside Café Bar. Looking at this building no one would believe it was once a Primitive Methodist chapel. It was! The self catering accommodation with it was once the Sunday School. The village was associated with Primitive Methodism between 1841 and 1934 so at the moment we are presuming that a Primitive Methodist chapel functioned here between those dates. In 1934 just after ‘Union ‘it is likely that the Primitives joined with the Wesleyans their chapel being directly across the road. No other information is available.
Photos taken November 2016
OS Map Ref:98:SD703871