The 1897 Primitive Methodist magazine reports that the Hemsworth mission had more than doubled its membership in the past year. Permission had been given to purchase a plot of land at “the rising colliery district ” of Kinsley. Pits were being sunk and the Connexion needed to be involved.
A chapel appears on Ordnance Survey maps by 1914 although it is not there on the 1904 map. It is located on Fitzwilliam Street. There is modern social housing on the site in 2009.
What is the story of the chapel?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1897 page 316