Somerby Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:1887 Somerby Primitive Methodist chapel

1887 Somerby Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1987

By Christopher Hill

A chapel was erected in 1863.   This chapel was replaced in 1898 because it had become too small. The new chapel which held 130 was in the Oddfellows Hall, which the Prims purchased; the old chapel was sold.

The 1863 chapel still stands in 2014, but is no longer used as such. 

There was also a Band of Hope  in the village during the nineteenth century.

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 06/02/2015.
Comments about this page

Leicester Record Office:

Ref. DE5365: Somerby PM Church/Chapel, Account Book for Sunday School (1 vol.), 1892-1932, 1933-1988.

By Raymond E.O.Ella
On 08/03/2018