Sileby was involved in the development of Primitive Methodism chapel very early. The first chapel was in existence in 1820. George Hanford, a lace manufacturer living in Sileby, became the President of the first Primitive Methodist Conference.
See Philip Thornborow’s comment below for an overview of the development of the Sileby society. The schoolroom was built in 1931.
The church is still active.