Somerby Primitive Methodist chapel
A chapel was erected in 1863. This chapel was replaced in 1898 because it had become too small. The new chapel which held 130 was in the Oddfellows Hall, which the Prims purchased; the old chapel was sold.
The 1863 chapel still stands in 2014, but is no longer used as such.
There was also a Band of Hope in the village during the nineteenth century.