A Primitive Methodist chapel later known as Edgar Street Primitive Methodist Chapel was built on the Edgar -Ellison Street corner in 1878 for £3977 19s 8d. It seated 850 and was last used in the 1950s. It was built of stone in an Italian style, with galleries. Ordnance Survey maps show a Sunday School marked to the south of the main building.
P. Emmerson Philipson was Minister in the 1897-98 records .
The Chapel was later taken over by the congregation of St Kilda Presbyterian Church, and used as a community centre. Lots of Jarrow people that were born around WW2 time will remember going there when it was St Kilda’s Youth Club.
Edgar Street no longer exists. The site of the former chapel is on Greenbank, to the south of the roundabout at the junction of Ellison Street (B1297) and the A185.