Hilton Primitive Methodist Chapel, Derbyshire
Hilton is a village on the old Uttoxeter -Derby main road. A Primitive Methodist chapel was erected in 1847, to accommodate about 100. The 1851 religious census reported afternoon and evening attendances of 60 at both the services. Samuel Blood the steward submitted the return. It was located alongside the Derby Road a little out of the main village centre. This original chapel was rebuilt and enlarged in 1888. It was a part of the Burton-on-Trent Parker Street Primitive Methodist circuit.
The minutes of the Circuit Quarterly meeting dated June 5th 1943, record “It was agreed to discontinue the Society, but to keep the property.” So immediately after, the building was used by the Y.M.C.A. authorities as a canteen centre serving nearby Service personnel. It was not till 1955 that the chapel was sold, and then converted into a house, in which role it continues.