Hulland (Bourne) Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hulland Moss Derbyshire

This chapel was opened in 1821 and is still open for worship in 2014

Archive photograph of Hulland Bourne chapel in original form with central doorway, before twentieth century alterations and extension | David Leese
Archive photograph of Hulland Bourne chapel in original form with central doorway, before twentieth century alterations and extension
David Leese
Hulland (Bourne) Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hulland Moss Derbyshire
Hulland (Bourne) Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hulland Moss Derbyshire
Hulland (Bourne) Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hulland Moss Derbyshire
Hulland (Bourne) Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hulland Moss Derbyshire
1821 Hulland (Bourne) Primitive Methodist Chapel as it was in 1987 | Keith Guyler 1987
1821 Hulland (Bourne) Primitive Methodist Chapel as it was in 1987
Keith Guyler 1987

There is little history known about this chapel. It is in very good condition and has had a lot of ‘love’ showered on it.

Photos taken October 2013.

OS Map ref:119:SK250463

Comments about this page

  • This chapel closed for worship in December 2017. There is no longer any chapel noticeboard or obvious chapel sign outside, but it still belongs to the circuit.

     

    By David Leese (27/08/2018)
  • A photograph showing the chapel before 20th century alterations has been added to this page.

    By Jill Barber (13/06/2017)
  • At Hulland Hugh Bourne founded the “first Tract Visiting Society,” and formed “praying bands,” from which streams of blessings flowed to distant towns and villages. From this village John Harrison went into the ministry in 1816, and after a brief bright life of work for Jesus went home to God.

    See article on the Ashbourne Circuit from 1906.

    By Geoff Dickinson (21/07/2015)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone