Beenham Primitive Methodist chapel
Mount Pleasant Beenham RG7 5NU
Beenham Primitive Methodist chapel in the Shefford circuit was opened on June 5th and 6th 1831 and the event is described by John Ride in the Primitive Methodist magazine. Preachers at the opening were Mrs Ride and John Ride on the Sunday and on the following day Mr Adams.
The new chapel measured 18′ (w) x 27′(l) x 11′(h).
The chapel was rebuilt in 1862 and after union in 1932 continued as Beenham Methodist church. It was still marked on the 1970 1:2,500 Ordnance Survey map but by 2009 had been converted into residential use.
Primitive Methodist magazine of 1832 page 268