Colnbrook Primitive Methodist chapel
Colnbrook Primitive Methodist chapel in the Maidenhead circuit was opened on September 4th 1859 after the society had met in a preaching room for a number of years. The opening was celebrated by a number of services and a public tea. Speakers included Thomas Lamb (London), Mr Chamberlain (Windsor), Messrs Hunt, Buckland, Stransom, Atkins, Hall and Dennis Kendall, who described the celebrations in the Primitive Methodist magazine.
The new chapel was designed in the Gothic style, with a palisade in front and a slate roof. It cost £282 of which £74 had been raised by the time of opening.
Where was the chapel and what happened to it?
Primitive Methodist magazine November 1859 page 686