Lunedale Primitive Methodist Chapel

This chapel appears elsewhere on the site as Plantation End, Thringarth. The centenary booklet of the Middleton in Teesdale circuit clearly shows a picture of the same chapel as Lunedale, one which had featured on the earliest plans.
The Lune dale families of Sayer, Collinson and Allinson had been given permission in 1842 “to beg for the Lune chapel.” The first site was gained in 1842, with a further piece of land at the east end transferred in 1860, and another plot on the south side in 1891.. The chapel and the house had been rebuilt in 1888.
The date stone of the old chapel was later placed over the vestry ‘Primitibve Methodists Chapel, 1842.’
There is also reference to another site Lunehead, which came on the plan in 1868, but which appears to have ceased around 1903.

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *