Worthing; Chapel Road Primitive Methodist Chapel
A chapel was built on this site in 1893
In 1874 the Primitive Methodists were holding cottage meetings in this area of Worthing but it was not until 1880 that a temporary iron chapel was erected on the corner of Chapel Road and Wenban Road. In 1893 it was removed to Lyndhurst Road and a new chapel was built.(see photo No.2) The new chapel was built of red brick and was designed by R.S.Hyde.
This chapel closed in 1956 and was demolished in 1958. The foundation stone and other items were incorporated into the new Offington Park Church.
In 2014 a store selling beds is on this site.
Photos taken July 2014
OS Map Ref:198:TQ147031