Worthing; Lyndhurst Road Primitive Methodist Chapel
The chapel on this site was built in 1929
In 1893 the iron chapel in Chapel Road Worthing was moved to Lyndhurst Road. During the typhoid outbreak of that year it was used as an emergency hospital with 28 beds.(See photo)
The present building was erected on a new site in 1929 and remained in use as a place of worship until 1977.
In 2014 the building is used by the local community through the council. The iron chapel was taken down after the Second World War.
Photos taken July 2014
OS Map Ref:198:TQ159032