Beverley Norwood Primitive Methodist Chapel

Photo:former Norwood Primitive Methodist chapel

former Norwood Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1996

Photo:Norwood chapel in August 2017

Norwood chapel in August 2017

Christopher Hill August 2017

Photo:Norwood first chapel at rear of chapel

Norwood first chapel at rear of chapel

Christopher Hill August 2017

Photo:Memorial stones from first Norwood PM chapel

Memorial stones from first Norwood PM chapel

Christopher Hill August 2017

Photo:Norwood PM chapel memorial stones

Norwood PM chapel memorial stones

Christopher Hill August 2017

former Primitive Methodist chapel at Norwood

Norwood, Beverley HU17 9HN

By Christopher Hill

The first Norwood Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1881.  The second chapel was opened in 1901.  It is still in use in August 2017.

The number of members in the Primitive Methodist circuit fell from about 400 in 1912-14 to just over 300 in the late 1920s. 

The current chapel is built in front of the 1881 chapel.  Some of the date stones are shown in the pictures here, but others are badly eroded by weathering.

OS Grid Ref. TA0356540237

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 07/04/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.