Sparty Lea Primitive Methodist Chapel Allendale Northumberland
The first chapel here was built in 1859
Sparty Lea Chapel sits above the road and the entrance is at the rear. (see photo 3) The plaque is on the side of the building the left side having worn away. What did it say? We do know that the present building was rebuilt from the first one in 1914.
In August 2015 it is still open for worship
Photos taken August 2015
OS Map Ref:87:NY851490