Whiteley Shield Primitive Methodist Chapel Allendale Northumberland
A small rural chapel built in 1857
Whiteley Shield Chapel at Carrshield in West Allendale is in a remote location in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It is perhaps the best preserved 19th century chapel in Allendale and is Grade 2 listed. The building is made from stone rubble and there is a small porch at the front.
In August 2015 it is still open for fortnightly worship at 2.30pm on Sunday
Photos taken August 2015
OS Map Ref:87:NY803479