Benington Sea End Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Benington Sea End Primitive Methodist chapel

Benington Sea End Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1997

Benington Sea End Primitive Methodist chapel

Spicer's Lane, Benington Sea End, PE22 0DG

By Christopher Hill

Benington Sea End Primitive Methodist chapel is located at the junction of Sea End Road and Spicer's Lane. It dates from 1838 and served until 1915. It was sold in 1918 and became Rose Cottage.

location: TF 408461

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 07/10/2015.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Within Boston Primitive Methodist Circuit, 1838-1886, closure 1886?, after re-opening briefly, years 1908, closed 1916, again within same circuit c.1908-1916.

Ref. Meth/C/Benington, Spicer's Lane/E/7/1: Correspondence re sale of Chapel, 14 items for period 1907-1918, dated 23rd Oct., 1918.

Ref. Meth/C/Benington, Spicer's Lane/C/2/1: Trust Account Book, 1893-1918.

Ref. Meth/C/Benington, Spicer's Lane/4/1: Fire Insurance Policy, 1908.

Ref. Meth/C/Benington, Spicer's Lane/C/4/2: Workmen's Compensation Insurance Policy, 1908. 

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)
On 29/12/2017

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.