The 1882 Primitive Methodist magazine tells us the a new Primitive Methodist chapel has been opened in South Normanton. The new chapel is “very neat” and better accommodation was very much needed because the previous chapel stood well back from the main street. The 1880 Ordnance Survey map shows it on Lees Lane.
The new chapel holds 250 and cost around £700.
Zion is still active as South Normanton Methodist church in 2019. A new entrance has been built on the left hand side of the chapel, but the original entrance remains with the words “Primitive Methodist Zion Church”
Primitive Methodist magazine 1882 page 253