Baldwin Gate Primitive Methodist chapel

Newcastle Road Baldwins Gate ST5 5DA

chapels of Newcastle under Lyme circuit
Christian Messenger 1911/346

Baldwin Gate Primitive Methodist chapel in the Market Drayton branch was opened on October 18th 1859.  Preachers at the services and tea meeting included J Timmins who described the events in the Primitive Methodist magazine, Rev G Middleton, T Bennett and T Bateman (Chorley).

The new chapel measured 33′ x 23′ and was 3 yards back from the road. It was built of brick, and boasted a gallery and fancy tiles. The society expected to carry not more than £100 debt.

The society was also thinking about a schoolroom; land and donations had been promised.

The chapel is still in use today.

Reference

Primitive Methodist magazine December 1859 page 743

 

Comments about this page

  • The first two photos were taken 31st December 2011, no date for the last one.

    By Berenice Baynham (01/04/2018)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *