The 1940 list of Methodist Buildings contains details of Pinfold Primitive Methodist chapel in High Street, Bloxwich. It is the head of a circuit of nine former Primitive Methodist chapels. Pinfold chapel is recorded as built of brick and seated 600 people on pews. It had two school rooms and 4 other rooms.
The 1900 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel on the north side of High Street, to the west of the junction with Pinfold. By the 1913 map a new Sunday school building has been added to the west of the chapel building, set back from the road. It is still there on the 1938 map. By 2009 on Street View, the site has been cleared. No development has taken place by 2023.
The Black Country History website lists records of Baptisms at Pinfold Primitive Methodist Chapel, Bloxwich from 16 January 1884 to 17 May 1964,
The History website tells us that Pinfold Methodist church and Sunday school was built in 1842. It was rebuilt in 1895 and 1896, and a new school was added in 1902. It closed in the 1960s and was demolished in the early 1970s.
Anita Hall contacted the Museum of Primitive Methodism in relation to a trowel used in laying the foundation stone of the Sunday school building. The inscription declares that it was:
- presented to Mrs S. A. Taylor
- on the occasion of Stone laying
- P.M. Schools Bloxwich Aug. 18th 1902