Winterton Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire

Photo:Queen St Chapel Winterton

Queen St Chapel Winterton

Photo:Sunday School Preachers Plan.

Sunday School Preachers Plan.

Click on the picture to see it enlarged

Photo:Great Gathering: 1911

Great Gathering: 1911

Click on the picture to see it enlarged

Photo:1876 Winterton Primitive Methodist Chapel in 1988

1876 Winterton Primitive Methodist Chapel in 1988

Keith Guyler 1988

Rev. David Leese

Winterton is in North Lincolnshire, to the north of Scunthorpe and south of the Humber. 

The area was missioned by the Primitives from 1820 onwards. The Primitives built an 1820 chapel, succeeded by a second 1838 chapel. The Queen Street Primitive Methodist chapel was opened on the same site as the previous chapel in 1880, building having began the year before, to seat 550. It closed in 1962 and has since been demolished.

 The continuing Methodist society worships at the Trinity Methodist church, on another site.

Winterton was a centre of Primitive Methodist activity in this area of North Lincolnshire 

This page was added by David Leese on 22/01/2014.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. Meth/B/Winterton P/H/5/1: Circuit Quotation Calendar, for year 1929.

Ref. Meth/B/Scunthorpe P/A/1/1: Circuit Registers.

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)
On 29/12/2017

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. Meth/C/Winterton P, Queen Street/H?/1/1?: Sunday School Cradle Roll, 1922-1932 and later.

Ref. Meth/C/Winterton P, Queen Street/H/3/1: Sunday School Teachers Meetings Book, 1926-1932 and later.

Ref. Meth/C/Winterton P, Queen Street/A/1/12: Register of Marriages, 1917-1932/3 (Closed until 2018).

Ref. Meth/C/Winterton P, Queen Street/A/1/11: Register of Marriages, 1899-1917. (not closed).

Other documents.

 

 

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)
On 29/12/2017