Booth Town Primitive Methodist chapel in the Halifax circuit was the eighth chapel to be built in the area in two years. It was not straightforward: someone walked off with £20 from the funds raised; one of trustees was a noted sinner; there was slander. However, in the end the money then came from a young man who had just inherited a fortune. The story is outlined by J Simpson in the Primitive Methodist magazine.
John Sutcliffe laid the foundation stone. Preachers included Messrs Parrott, Dodgson, and J Simpson: fundraisers included Mrs Sutcliffe and Mrs Hartley.
Where was the chapel and what happened to it? And what is the detail of the story!!
Primitive Methodist magazine July 1866 435-436