Haworth; Mill Heys Primitive Methodist Chapel
This chapel opened for worship in 1870
The building of this chapel cost £1612. It replaced an earlier chapel built in 1836. Before that the Primitive Methodists met in a cottage at Higher Mill Hey. The chapel closed for worship in 1954 and the congregation joined with the Wesleyans. It was used by Snowden’s Army Surplus for a time before being left empty.
In September 2014 it is up for sale with outline planning permission for nine apartments.
Nothing is known about the Sunday School building which sits on the opposite side of the road.
Photos taken June 2013
OS Map Ref:104:SE