Hollym Primitive Methodist chapel
Northside Road, Hollym, Withernsea HU19 2RS
R Langham tells us in the Primitive Methodist magazine that Hollym Primitive Methodist chapel was opened from October 14th 1860. In 1859 the Hollym society had only 4 members, meeting as a class. However, new members joined and they built a chapel measuring 25′ x 18′ and costing them £120, of which they had raised £40 at the time of opening.
The land was acquired from Mr Dry. Rev. J. Wood, of Driffield was the preacher at the opening.
The chapel was located on Northside Road, opposite the end of Vicar Lane. The chapel closed in 1979 and in 1980 was used as a store. In 2010 it has been replaced by a house.
Primitive Methodist magazine March 1861 page 167