The 1877 Primitive Methodist magazine contains a note of the opening of a new Primitive Methodist chapel at High Green in the Sheffield Third circuit. We are told nothing more.
The 1891 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel on the southern side of what was then Rotherham Road, now Wortley Road, west of the junction with Thompson Hill and opposite the Salutation Inn. It was set back from the road
Primitive Methodist magazine 1877 page 755