In the 1850 Primitive Methodist magazine, Samuel Turner tells us that a new chapel had been opened at Lower Middleton. Opening celebrations started on December 9th when the preachers included Messrs Lewis (Independent), Edmunds (Wesleyan), Mules and Turner. The new chapel established a Sunday school.
There are several Middletons: as the Rev Samuel Turner was based in Banbury circuit for 1848 it is likely that this one is Lower Middleton Cheney. Ordnance Survey aps show a Primitive Methodist chapel on Royal Oak Lane. By the 1921 map, the chapel is no longer labelled as such, but the footprint was the same – and remains so to the current map.
Primitive Methodist magazine February 1849 page 118