Swindon; Upper Stratton Primitive Methodist Church
Beechcroft Road, Swindon SN2 7RD
The souvenir Official Handbook of the Brinkworth and Swindon Centenary District Synod held in 1910 records that:
“An iron structure was erected in 1890 which soon became too small and was sold. A new site was secured and in 1907 the present building erected with sufficient land for a new Church when the opportunity arrives.
Number of sittings: 200
Number of members: 32
Total cost: £497
Present debt: £130″
The opportunity never arose and in July 2012 the land in front of the building is shown as a used car lot (Google street view). Thechapel is still active as the Church of God of Prophesy.