Easington Primitive Methodist Chapel, Yorkshire

Easington is about six miles south-eat of Patrington.

East Riding of Yorkshire Archives, Beverley, has the following information about this chapel.

Ref. MRW for the collection of Withernsea (Patrington) Methodist Circuit, 1836-2012: to include Easington Primitive Methodist Chapel Records, also PM Baptisms 1842-1884  amongst former Patrington Primitive Methodist Circuit Records.

Ref. QDR/3/5: Registration of the Primitive Methodist Church/Chapel Easington 6th April 1852.

Genuki records that the Primitive Chapel at Easington was built in 1851, a year after a Wesleyan chapel was built.

Comments about this page

  • The Return for the earlier Chapel to The Census of Religious Worship, 1851 (TNA HO129/521/1/14/29) was completed by John Marshall, Minister in the Patrington Circuit.  The Chapel was erected in 1822 and could accommodate 132 people.  On Census Sunday it had attendances of 130 in the evening.  In the ‘Remarks’ column the Minister wrote “We are on the eve of erecting a new Chapel, the old one being insufficient to accommodate our increasing congregations.”

    By David Tonks (15/05/2018)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *