Fryup Primitive Methodist chapel
The opening of Fryup Primitive Methodist chapel in the Whitby circuit on September 29th 1865 is described by G Whitehead in the Primitive Methodist magazine. Speakers at the opening celebrations included Rev J Jobling (Thirsk), J Taylor (Whitby) and G Whitehead, and Messrs Isaac Hartas of Ravenswyke House, R Venis, J Watson, S Homer and G Hebbron.
Donors included J Hartas, R Venis, J Elliott, W Tindall, G Hebbron. R Venis gave the site – the Prims had conducted their services in his kitchen for over 40 years.
The chapel was brick built with a blue slate roof, and held 120
Where was the chapel and what happened to it?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1866 page 113-114