Over Heage Primitive Methodist chapel

New Rd, Heage DE56 2BA

former Over Heage Primitive Methodist chapel
Christoper Hill April 2019
former Over Heage Primitive Methodist chapel
Christoper Hill April 2019
Date stone on former Over Heage Primitive Methodist chapel
Christoper Hill April 2019

We have had our chapel at Over Heage cleaned, coloured, and painted, the total expense of which, amounted to £7; and on Sunday, Oct. 13th, 1861, we had our re-opening, when Dr. Barlow, of Derby, served us well. He preached in the afternoon in our own chapel to a very attentive congregation, and we had a good time ; in the evening he preached again in the Wesleyan chapel, kindly lent for the occasion, it being much larger than ours, and the chapel was crowded ; a good influence was felt.

On Monday, Oct. 14th, we had a tea-meeting, and 180 persons were convened at the social repast which was gratuitously provided. After tea, the Rev. J. Barfoot delivered a lecture on revivals of religion. A blessed influence was felt. The proceeds of the tea and sermons amounted to £9, for which we are unfeignedly thankful; and we pray that Heaven’s choicest blessings may rest on all our kind friends in this life, and in the world to come may they be blessed with life everlasting.

W. T. Roe

Ordnance Survey maps from 1880 locate Ebenezer Primitive Methodist chapel on New Road.  In 2019 t is in use as a house. It retains its date stone

Reference

Primitive Methodist Magazine February 1862 page 116.

Comments about this page

  • Photographs added

    By Christopher Hill (05/04/2019)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *