Huggate Primitive Methodist Chapel, Yorkshire
Huggate is situated seven and a half miles north-east of Pocklington.
East Riding of Yorkshire Archives, Beverley has the following information about this chapel.
Ref. PC19/7/9: Conveyance to build a Primitive Methodist Chapel in Huggate, 7th July 1849.
Parties: 1) Anna Jane Meeke of Hammerton Hall, spinster, lady of the
manor of Huggate
2) Joseph King gentleman, William Fewster labourer, John May
labourer, Priestman Rooks labourer, John Birks labourer, James
Mittan cordwainer, Lyth Rooks shopkeeper, Matthew Smith
cordwainer, William Mittan cordwainer and Robert Birks
poulterer, all of Huggate
Property: Parcel of land (132 square yards) at Huggate, bounded by Town
Street on east, north and west, and by land of A J M on south,
parcel of the waste of the manor of Huggate, in trust for the
erection of a Primitive Methodist chapel
Consideration: £1 10s
Registered at Beverley, Book GP Page 17 Number 19 Enrolled in Chancery 7 Aug 1849
Ref. MRP/4/1-89: Pocklington Primitive Methodist Circuit, to include Huggate PM Chapel Records.
See also further information on this page - http://d35wuyehavsdko.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/cms/e/E_Riding_PM_chapels_date_recorded1.pdf