Harwood, Tottington Road Primitive Methodist Church, near Bolton
This church was built in 1890, but the Primitive Methodists began preaching at Harwood Lee, near Bolton, in the summer of 1837. A Society was formed, which met in the home of James Maden. When he moved away, the infant church rented a house, using one room for preaching, and the other three rooms for the Sunday School, which opened on 7 April 1839.
Before this church, known as Tottington Road, was built, the church was known as The Hephzibah Chapel.
In 2009, Tottington Road merged with Longsight Methodist Church to form a single Harwood Methodist Church. Longsight Church was closed and converted to a community hall, and worship has continued at Tottington Road. Pictures of the interior, and plans for its redevelopment can be seen on the church website.