Liverpool Jubilee Primitive Methodist chapel
Yates Street, Toxteth Park
RB Howcroft describes the laying of the foundation stone of Liverpool Jubilee Primitive Methodist chapel in Yates Street, Toxteth Park.
Although it was a stormy day more than 1,000 supporters and children attended. There was a procession from Brunswick Hall (Mill St) to the site and services were held there afterwards.
Rev J Garner laid the stone using a silver trowel given by the contractor, Mr Lewis. Speakers included A Boote and Mr Horsfall, the MP, gave £10
The planned chapel measured 50′ x 39′ and was expected to cost £1050. It seated 400.
The opening took place in August 1860. Preachers at the opening included W. Garner, P. Pugh, J. Macpherson, and B. B. Howcroft.
Primitive Methodist magazine June 1860 pages 361-362
Primitive Methodist magazine February 1861 pages 116-117